PCAN-Router ProRegular price$795.00 Sale price Pricing excludes VAT.
Shipping cost calculated in checkout.
Some of our products are on varied lead times, For confirmation on when you can expect your order to arrive, please call in and speak to one of our experts.
Our team are available from 9:00am - 5:00pm on +44(0) 1234 247 176 and will be happy to discuss any questions.
The PCAN-Router Pro allows to join the data traffic from four High-speed CAN busses. The behaviour of the router is configured via the CAN bus with the provided Windows program PPCAN-Editor. As well as pure forwarding, the CAN data can be processed, manipulated, and for example, filtered in a number of different ways. There are a variety of function blocks and other settings available to the user for configuration setup. Furthermore, there is a virtual fifth CAN channel which is used for recording all data traffic to a CompactFlash card.
As an alternative to the standard firmware which the PCAN-Router Pro is equipped with at delivery, custom firmware based on the ARM microcontroller NXP LPC2294 can be created and implemented. The firmware is created using the included development package with GNU compiler for C and C++ and is then transferred to the module via CAN. Various programming examples facilitate the implementation of own solutions.
CAN transceiver modules in the PCAN-Router Pro allow a flexible adaptation of each CAN channel to the requirements. For example, Low-speed and Single-wire CAN transceivers are also available on request.
The configuration or the transfer of the firmware via CAN requires a PEAK CAN interface.
Note about the programmability:
Since March 2013, a toolchain and a library are available for programming custom firmware for the PCAN-Router Pro. Please note that due to various hardware extensions only devices with a serial number from 100 can be equipped with custom firmware
- 4 High-speed CAN channels (ISO 11898-2)
- Comply with CAN specifications 2.0 A/B
- CAN bit rates from 40 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- NXP TJA1041 CAN transceiver with wake-up
- Alternative pluggable transceiver modules on request
- CAN connections are D-Sub, 9-pin
- CAN termination switchable, separately for each CAN channel
- Wake-up function using separate input, CAN bus, or real-time clock
- CompactFlash card slot
- Battery-buffered real-time clock (RTC), can also be used for wake-up
- Status LEDs for CAN channels, CompactFlash card, microcontroller, and power supply
- NXP microcontroller LPC2294
- Aluminum casing with flange. DIN rail fixing option available on request
- 8 - 27 V power supply, protection against overvoltage and reverse polarity
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 °C (-40 to 185 °F)
Properties of the standard firmware
- Detailed configuration with the software PPCAN-Editor 2 for Windows®
- Various function blocks for data processing and manipulation
- Configurable beeper
- Configurable CAN channel status LEDs
- Recording of CAN data and error frames to a CompactFlash card
- Conversion of logging data to various output formats using Windows® software